Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blue Angels Air Show: Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July, indeed! My all time favorite July 4th activity is watching The Blue Angels air show in Traverse City.  The Blue Angels come to the Traverse City National Cherry Festival every other year (although they didn't come in 2012 due to federal budget cuts) and they never cease to amaze.
They center their show over Grand Traverse Bay (above).
They fly in a 6-plane formation against the bright blue summer sky.
How is this formation possible?  The formations and proximity to each other blow my mind.  I love it. Love it. Love it. Love it.
Look at this awesome drive by (above) where you can see the pilots!
Look how close the 4 planes are to each other. I don't even want them to fly that close. 
When I went onto the Blue Angel website to give you a link, I noticed that they now have videos that you can watch to see 3 views of each special maneuver: inside the cockpit, from the ground and the pilot saying the verbal cues.
You really must go to one of their air shows if you can.  And wear ear plugs, it will be louder than you think.  But you'll love it. Love it. Love it. Love it.

No comments: