Wednesday, July 2, 2014

David Austin Rose: Magnificent to Behold

O
You are welcome to make this your screen saver.  A pristine David Austin English Rose, blooming with a touch of blue hydrangea makes the shell pink look even prettier.

In April, I made a new friend in Seattle and when a group of us went out to dinner, I apparently mentioned flowers and gardening one too many times. She said "You sound like my parents. You should see their garden in Portland." When I said that I'd love to, she told me even more about them. They are Master Gardeners and have over 300 clematis in their private garden haven on the Tualatin River.  I couldn't wait to visit! 

We were given a private tour of their garden during the second weekend in June.  And, just my luck, the clematis were blooming! I'll tell you more about our visit after the 4th of July holiday.  It was slightly misty that day and you won't believe how well my pictures came out. 

For tonight, I leave you with my favorite type of rose, a David Austin. This image was so lovely, I wanted to post it alone, to give it the attention it deserves. 

No comments: