Monday, July 28, 2014

Poppytalk for Target: A Cake Stand After My Own Heart

I stood mesmerized in front of an endcap in Target.  It was June and the limited edition entertaining collection called Poppytalk was now on the shelves.  

I was in Seattle at the time and tried to figure out how much I could fit in my luggage. I decided that I could manage the 3-tier paper cake stands and gave it priority because I LOVED it.

Poppytalk is described on Target's website:

 Poppytalk is an internationally lauded design blog with an indie sensibility. Jan Halvarson, co-founder of Poppytalk, along with partner and husband, Earl Einarson, mine the beautiful, the decayed and the handmade, pinning inspirational DIYs, home designs and ideas for entertaining. Jan lives, works and pins from Vancouver.

I have been moving around so much, it was only recently that I put the cake stands together and took this photograph.  Isn't it perfect for my design style? Jan Halvarson is kindred spirit, that's for sure! 

Since Poppytalk for Target is limited edition, I'm sorry to say that the items are now on clearance (view it here) and the cake stands aren't available online anymore.  But that doesn't mean that you can't find them in store.

If this collection speaks to you, get yourself to Target and see what you can find.

No comments: