Friday, September 26, 2014

Heather Bailey Dishtowels

I was so very fortunate to run across some Heather Bailey dishtowels at Homegoods. I had no idea that she had expanded from fabric design into housewares, but I am so glad that she did! The colors of these dishtowels were so beautiful and bright (same pattern in a different colorway) that they fairly leapt off the shelves and into my cart. Can you see that each one has a ruffle trim? I intend to use them as large napkins in my aqua and white kitchen. Can't wait!

Heather is a fabric and embroidery designer, as well as a blogger with an enormous following at HelloMyNameIsHeather. I met her back in 2008 at the Country Living magazine Women Entrepreneur conference in Chicago. She is a delight. Warm, interesting and wholly supportive of women expressing their creativity. I found her blog tips and tricks to be very helpful and thought that she was a great addition to the panel.

I was returning as a Country Living Pitch Your Product winner for my subscription gift service and Heather was on the Women Entrepreneur panel discussing her tips and philosophy for writing a successful blog. You can see Heather on the Country Living stage (below), she is second from the left.
This must be Heather Bailey week. I came across some of her embroidery patterns at another shop here in Seattle. I bought them on the spot - I can't wait to show you.

No comments: