Friday, November 14, 2014

Advent Calendars: My Love Runs Deep

I absolutely love advent calendars. There are so many beautiful designs to choose from. I prefer the flat paper calendars with a winter scene. There is something about the excitement of counting down to a holiday paired with the childlike anticipation of opening a window to see the image of the day. I think having an advent calendar is a perfect way to keep yourself in the moment and aware of where you are in the advent season. 

That said, I am known for not always opening the windows. The scene is often so pretty, that I like to look at it on my refrigerator just as it is. Don't worry though, I have lots of advent calendars around the house and I do keep track of the countdown.  Do you remember this one that looks like a general store?  Or this one I made with paper drawers? I need to get busy finding little items to fill each drawer!

If you love this farm scene advent calendar as much as I do, you can buy it here. I also found some beautiful advent calendars online here

No comments: